ONLINE MARRIAGE IN PAKISTAN
Online marriage in Pakistan which is also known as Online Nikah is an opportunity provided by the Pakistani law for the Pakistani citizens who are living abroad and can’t attend their marriage.
In traditional marriage, both bride and groom are required to be present at the time of marriage. However, online marriage can be solemnized through the internet by appointing a lawyer in Pakistan.
The Pakistan Muslim Family Law Ordinance 1961 and Family Courts Act 1964 provide this convenience of Online Nikah to overseas Pakistanis. Moreover, the Sharia (Hanafi School of Thoughts) also permits the Online Nikah that makes it acceptable by legal as well as the sharia laws.
For online marriage, it is not necessary that both spouses should be Pakistani citizens. Rather, if any of the spouses is a Pakistani citizen, then they can register their online marriage in Pakistan. It is necessary to add here that it is mandatory to register the marriage in Pakistan if any of the spouses is a Pakistani citizen.
In the Middle Eastern countries like Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, Oman, Iraq, etc. there is a requirement of a wali of the bride for the marriage. However, there is no such requirement in Pakistani Marriage laws. Therefore, no wali is required for online marriage in Pakistan. However, according to the new clause which has been added in Pakistani Nikahnama, the Vakeel / Representatives on behalf of the couple are required.
According to the Pakistani law, any citizen of Pakistan or a foreign can register their marriage in Pakistan by appointing a lawyer, who can register their marriage and process all the Nikah papers and other related documents.
REQUIREMENT OF THE ONLINE MARRIAGE IN PAKISTAN
Any Pakistani living abroad can have the opportunity of an Online Nikah in Pakistan. However, there are certain conditions to be met before you plan your online marriage in Pakistan.
- The man and woman must be adult i.e. 18 years old or above. (The sharia age of marriage is puberty, however, the legal age of marriage in Pakistan is 18 years and above)
- Free will and consent of the bride and groom (There should not be any pressure or force involved in marriage)
- As like traditional marriage, the Online Nikah should be performed in the presence of two witnesses along with a Qazi also known as NikahKhuwan.
- Lastly, the Mehar also called as a dower amount, which is mutually agreed between the bride and groom
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE OF ONLINE MARRIAGE IN PAKISTAN:
1. We will need the passports and ID cards of the bride and groom (you can email us your documents)
2. The date of Online Nikah will be set and both the bride and groom will join us on a video call
3. As similar to the traditional marriage, the Nikah Khuwan will recite the Khutba-e-Nikah followed by the Ejab-o-Qabool (asking for the consent of the bride and groom). Vakeels and two Muslim witnesses will also be present at the occasion
4. After the Nikah recitation, we will process all the Nikah documents for the signatures of the bride and groom. We will apply for the marriage registration on behalf of both parties. This includes Nikahnama (Marriage Contract) and NADRA Marriage Certificate provided by the Union Council.
WHAT SERVICES WE WILL PROVIDE YOU AFTER NIKAH
We provide the below services after conducting your Online Nikah:
- Copies of Urdu Nikahnama
- Registration of Marriage: Nikahnama (Marriage Contract)
- NADRA Marriage Certificate (English and Urdu) from Union Council
- Attestation from Notary Public
- Attestation from Foreign Affairs
- Attestation from Embassy (if required)
COMPLEXITY OF ONLINE MARRIAGE IN PAKISTAN
Marriage seems to be a simple process but the online marriage could be a bit complicated if you did not hire professional online marriage lawyers in Pakistan. As you know that two different countries are involved in an Online Nikah activity therefore, the marriage laws and requirements of both countries should be kept in mind. Apart from the government authorities, the embassy is also involved in online marriage. If you conduct an Online Nikah in Pakistan, later you will be required to prepare documents for a foreign state. A small mistake in any step of online marriage or Nikah documents may void your online marriage in Pakistan or any other country.
Therefore, it is highly important to hire experienced and professional online marriage lawyers. If you hire any unprofessional online marriage lawyer who does not have expertise in Online Nikah, they may misguide you or skip a necessary step. Marriage is a sensitive matter and online marriage in Pakistan is more delicate than traditional marriage. So there should be no room for any mistake or negligence.
HOW RIGHT LAW ASSOCIATES CAN HELP YOU IN ONLINE NIKAH IN PAKISTAN?
Right Law Associates is a team of experienced family lawyers who have expertise in online marriage in Pakistan. Our online marriage lawyers in Karachi metropolis and online marriage lawyers in Islamabad city provide you premium services of online marriage in Pakistan. Before undertaking any Online Nikah, we make sure that our clients fully understand the process of online marriage. Our online marriage lawyers will support and guide you at every step of Online Nikah. We conduct online marriage with high professionalism.
Apart from online marriage in Pakistan, we also provide services of court marriage in Pakistan, divorce, khula, child custody, and property cases. Our family lawyers in Karachi and marriage lawyers in Islamabad deal in all these areas with a great expertise. We understand that civil cases are sensitive matters; therefore, we take extra measures to protect the clients’ rights and ensure their security. Client trust is our utmost priority.
We take every case seriously and make sure that our clients get a satisfactory knowledge and understanding about the entire legal procedure before they hire us. We have a great clientele portfolio which is evidence of our professionalism.